Please visit our brand new website at TapHappyDance.com for total online registration!
The tap pages on this website will soon disappear.
Adult Tap Class Location, Schedule, Descriptions, Fees & Payment
Tap Happy has locations in The Heights (Central) and in Meyerland
The Heights (Central) Location
All Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday EVENING classes are held at:
Claire School of Dance
Grace United Methodist Church
1245 Heights Blvd.
Houston, Texas 77008
2017 WINTER & SPRING SCHEDULES
Dates of 2017 WINTER 8-Week Term:
WINTER Term Mondays: Jan 9, 16, 23, 30; Feb 6, 13, 20, 27.
WINTER Term Tuesdays: Jan 10, 17, 24, 31; Feb 7, 14, 21, 28.
WINTER Term Wednesdays: Jan 11, 18, 25; Feb 1, 8, 15, 22; Mar 1.
WINTER Term Thursdays: Jan 12, 19, 26; Feb 2, 9, 16, 23; Mar 2.
Dates of 2017 SPRING 8-Week Term:
SPRING Term Mondays: Mar 6, 13, 20, 27; Apr 3, 10, 17, 24.
SPRING Term Tuesdays: Mar 7, 24, 21, 28; Apr 4, 11, 18, 25.
SPRING Term Wednesdays: Mar 8, 15, 22, 29; Apr 5, 12, 19, 26.
SPRING Term Thursdays: Mar 9, 16, 23, 30; Apr 6, 13, 20, 27.
Class Descriptions & Schedule
- Tap 4 Dancers Mon. 7:30-8:30pm Rotating Roster of Faculty Details TBA (LEVEL: Advanced Intermediate – Advanced) STATUS: THIS CLASS IS FORMING NOW.
Here you will move at a fast pace, include turns, lots of style and arms, and enjoy options for wings, pull-backs and pick-up steps. Designed for dancers who tap dance, this will satisfy dancers who want to use all their style, technique, and rhythmic chops and be challenged to learn quickly. Excellent for preparing for auditions. With a rotating roster of instructors, it will always be exciting!
- Intermediate Tap Tues. 7-8pm Sara Draper (LEVEL: Next up beyond Beginning II) STATUS: THIS CLASS IS CONFIRMED; STILL ROOM FOR MORE.
Time steps, complex footwork, and fascinating rhythms will keep you coming back for more. We add focus on turns, arms, and style. Your repertory of tap routines keeps expanding here. Many tappers enjoy this ever-evolving class indefinitely.
- Beginning I Tap Tues. 8-9pm Sara Draper (LEVEL: Next up after Introductory) STATUS: THIS CLASS IS CONFIRMED; STILL ROOM FOR MORE. The next step after Intro, here tappers learn two long combinations and a dance number to help practice skills and basic steps including soft shoe, waltz clog, and more. Reinforcing and continuing from the Introductory level, this energizing course allows you to really get the basics under your belt and to learn a dance routine. It prepares you to shuffle up to the next level!
- All-Level TapAerobics Wed. 7:30-8:30pm Liz Sample (LEVEL: Beginning I & up) STATUS: THIS CLASS IS CONFIRMED; STILL ROOM FOR MORE.
If you are at the Beginning I level, and if you want a cardio work-out and can follow along, you can take this class! If you are an Intermediate or Advanced tapper, you can participate in this very same class at a higher level of tapping and also get a work-out. This is not a tap technique class, but is an excellent second weekly class to reinforce your Beginning I skills or higher. You’ll be tapping and dancing non-stop to vibrant music of diverse styles, moving in contemporary ways, and getting a great work out, complete with stretching! Bring your towel and water bottle!
- Introductory Tap Thurs. 7-8pm Sara Draper (LEVEL: Absolute Beginner) STATUS: THIS CLASS IS CONFIRMED; ONLY ROOM FOR ONE MORE STUDENT.
This class is for absolute beginners, even if this is your first dance class ever. It is also a methodical review of fundamentals for those returning to tap dance after a very long break. A brand new session of weekly classes will introduce fun-loving adults who have always wanted to tap dance to the fundamentals, so you can begin fulfilling your dream now!
- Beginning II Tap Thurs. 8-9pm Sara Draper (LEVEL: Next up after Beginning I) STATUS: THIS CLASS IS CONFIRMED; STILL ROOM FOR MORE.
Now that you’ve got the swing of things, this class expands and improves your repertoire of steps and routines. Here, you get grounded in excellent technique required before progressing to the Intermediate level. Most tappers continue in this level for several terms or a year before they are prepared for Intermediate Tap. From backwards moves to time steps and fast footwork, you’ll be dancing steps that you’ve seen in Hollywood movies and Broadway shows!
Registration & Fees
Please note: the new Tap Happy website should be up and running with complete online registration and payment availability before the 2017 Early Bird Discount deadline on December 22, 2016. You may register now in one of the regular methods by using the form and instructions below. Email TapHappy (at) dancepath (dot) com for complete information or questions.
Registration form here. (Includes most fees) Print, save, and email.
(If the button does not work, Make a Paypal Payment for a tap dance class or event.)
All Monday and Thursday DAYTIME classes are held at:
Jewish Community Center
5601 S. Braeswood Blvd.
Houston, TX 77096
These tap classes are currently taught by Tap Happy Certified Instructor, Michelle Schroeder.
Register through the Jewish Community Center for classes at this location.
THE DAYTIME ADULT TAP CLASSES ARE ON BREAK FOR THE SUMMER.
THEY WILL RESUME AFTER LABOR DAY.
Check with the Jewish Community Center Houston for details.
Adult Beginning Tap
This course introduces the basics of tap dance to active adults who have always wanted to learn to tap. It is an excellent review for those who tapped long ago. You will gain mental and physical agility, and will really enjoy tap dancing in this class!
- Thursdays 12:00-1:00pm
- Click here for more information and online registration.
Adult Intermediate Tap
This course reviews and continues from the Beginning level. Here, you learn time steps and dance routines. It may also serve as a slow-paced review and/or excellent preparation for those who will be joining or rejoining the Golden Girl Tappers. You will gain mental and physical agility, and will really enjoy tap dancing in this class!
- Mondays 12:00-1:00pm
- Click here for more information and online registration.
Teacher approval is required for this elite group, age 55 and up, who perform tap at the Intermediate level.
- Mondays 1:30-2:30pm
Fees and Registration for JCC Houston Classes or contact Maxine Silberstein at the JCC: 713-729-3200 x3223 or email msilberstein (at) erjcchouston.org.
For more information, email TapHappy(at)dancepath.com.